Dr Kieren Po BPharm(Hons) MBBS(Hons) Sydney
Location: County of Cumberland, New South Wales; Commonwealth of Australia
- Neurology Registrar (Advanced Trainee) – NSW Health
- Clinical Associate Lecturer – Sydney Medical School, The University of Sydney
- Neurology Registrar (Advanced Trainee) – ACT Health
- Clinical Associate Lecturer – The Australian National University
- Medical Registrar (BPT) – Sydney Local Health District, NSW Health
- Member, Continuity of Medication Management Expert Advisory Group – Clinical Excellence Commission, NSW Health
- Member, Royal Australasian College of Physicians
- Member, Australian Medical Association
- Affiliate in Training, Australian and New Zealand Association of Neurologists
- Junior Member, American Academy of Neurology
Research interests: neurology, neuroimmunology, cognitive neurosciences, neuro-ophthalmology, medicinal chemistry, infectious diseases, public health
- Po K, Dungate A, Siracusa E, Patel R, Gawarikar Y, Sahathevan R. Iodinated contrast administration for computed tomography in stroke does not cause acute kidney injury: a retrospective single-centre review of 340 patients. Cerebrovasc Dis 2016;42(suppl 1):30. (full text)
- Sahathevan R, Patel R, Weerasinghe D, Po K, Zhai S, Siracusa E, Hunter A, Gawarikar Y. Nonbacterial thrombotic endocarditis and adenocarcinoma in acute stroke. Cerebrovasc Dis 2016;42(suppl 1):61.
- Po K, Tuck R, Jiang JX, Randall K, Lueck C. Cerebral amyloid angiopathy-related inflammation: an autoimmune cause of rapid cognitive decline. ANZAN Annual Scientific Meeting; Perth. Australian and New Zealand Association of Neurologists; 2016.
- Po K, Kang O, McColl C, Gawarikar Y. Isolated hypoglossal nerve palsy secondary to ipsilateral carotid artery dissection. ANZAN Annual Scientific Meeting; Perth. Australian and New Zealand Association of Neurologists; 2016.
- Po K, Reid K, Lueck C. Bilateral optic neuropathy following treatment with bicalutamide and denosumab. NOSA Annual Meeting; Auckland. Neuro-Ophthalmology Society of Australia; 2015
- Po K, Malkan A, Wijayath M. Intermittent aphasia: an atypical presentation of HSV encephalitis. ANZAN Annual Scientific Meeting; Auckland. Australian and New Zealand Association of Neurologists; 2015.
- Po K, Leslie FVC, Gracia N, Bartley L, Kwok JBJ, Halliday GM, Hodges JR, Burrell JR. Heritability in frontotemporal dementia: more missing pieces? J Neurol. 2014;261(11):2170–7. (PubMed)
- Po K, Leslie F, Gracia N, Hodges JR, Burrell JR. Is frontotemporal dementia more heritable than Alzheimer’s disease? J Clin Neurosci. 2014;21(11):2045.
- Po K. Informed consent versus professional duty. Australian Pharmacist 2012;31(10):758.
- Noonan J, Bi M, Po K, Thomas E, Caterson A, Boehm-Wilcox C, Crawford K, Braidwood M, Graham J, Allen J, Oliveira D, editors. Senior Year Book 2010 – Sydney Medical School, The University of Sydney. Sydney: Sydney University Medical Society; 2011.
- Seale H, Leask J, Po K, MacIntyre CR. “Will they just pack up and leave?” – attitudes and intended behaviour of hospital health care workers during an influenza pandemic. BMC Health Serv Res. 2009;9:30. (full text)
- Premoli I, Po K, An SP, Johnston GAR, Chebib M, Hanrahan JR. Effects of 6-methyl-2’-methoxyflavone on wildtype and mutant GABAC receptors. 3D at the Cove – Drug Discovery & Development Conference; South Stradbroke QLD. Royal Australian Chemical Institute; 2008.
- Po K. Arterial blood gases and their use in respiratory disease. Australian Pharmacist 2008;27(7):516.
- Po K. Vive la différence! Australian Pharmacist 2006;25(7):522.
- Po K, editor. Pharmacy Yearbook 2005. Sydney: Sydney University Pharmacy Association; 2006.
- Po K. Future vaccines for Australia: a review. Sydney: National Centre for Immunisation Research and Surveillance; 2005.
- ANZAN overseas fellow (Oxford) 2017/18
- Sydney Medical School Nepean Teacher of the Year 2016 Stage 2, The University of Sydney
- Highly commended, Support of the Student Experience – Faculty of Pharmacy Teaching Awards 2008, The University of Sydney
- Pharmaceutical Society of Australia NSW Pharmacy Student of the Year 2005
- William Joseph Collett Shoppee Prize for Pharmaceutical Chemistry 2005,
The University of Sydney
- University of Sydney Union Club/Societies Publications Award 2004
- Royal Australian Chemical Institute Titration Competition Gold Medal 2000